09 April, 2009

Telephone Conversation


(phone ringing)

JP: Hello?

Caller: Hello, this is Keiko Suzuki from the Tenma branch, district 2 of Mitsubishi Tokyo UFJ Bank. Today we were lucky enough to have the distinguished client (you) come to our branch and open an account with us.

JP: Oh, yes.

Caller: (voice starting to tremble) I am very, very sorry, but the Visa card which you applied for...

JP: Yes?

Caller: I am so sorry but the 500Yen ($5) gift shopping mall voucher, which we give to all our customers, for signing up to the Visa card...

JP: Yes?

Caller: I am very, very sorry, but the gift voucher, which comes in a blue envelope...

JP: Sorry, I don't remember receiving any blue envelope.

Caller: Oh, I see. We give customers a 500Yen gift voucher, in a blue envelope.

JP: I can't remember - I don't have it with me - the booklet and stuff you gave me.

Caller: Oh, exactly! I am so, so sorry, but the 500Yen gift voucher, well (almost crying), I am so, so, very sorry, but I am not sure that we gave you the blue envelope.

JP: Oh. Well, you know, I could just pick it up tomorrow. Its not that big a deal.

Caller: (audibly relieved) I am so, so sorry.

JP: Really, even if I didn't pick it up it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Caller: (more relieved) I really am so sorry.

JP: But the Visa card application is OK?

Caller: Yes, that is fine. I really am very sorry about this. If it would not terribly bother you, would you mind if we sent you the gift voucher by post?

JP: OK, thank you.

Caller: (relieved) Thank you so much!

JP: Thank you.

Caller: Thank you so much!

JP: Thank you.

Caller: Thank you!

JP: OK, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment