21 April, 2009

Those Around You


This is a brilliant poster. There is nothing I can add to it. Your can learn more about Japan by reading this than by watching over one hour of daytime TV. I will just write out the words where they are hard to read.

Where does the smoke go? Only the person producing it is unconcerned. Smoker -> Neglect -> Route of Smoke.

The sparks blew off. Luckily, they were stopped by my sleeve.

A portable ashtray is not a license to smoke anywhere you please.

It's painful to get caught between the closing doors. Even more so are the eyes of those looking at you.

The fire disappears beneath his shoe. Unfortunately, the butt still remains.

If you paid attention, you would change your manners.

I offered my seat to someone on the train. It didn't cost anything, but delighted someone.

Here is another one in the same style, on a bin outside a Familymart (convenience store):

And this reminds me very much of the market.

It pays to pay attention to those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment